Thursday, March 3, 2011

15: so I'm in class...

I'm not sure where it comes from or how I even developed this trait, but I am so glad I am the way I am. Ha!

I'm sure this trait of mine comes from a mix of dad's reason and reliability and mom's will-power and timeliness. I'm sitting in class right now and we had one of our first projects due today; just a powerpoint presentation of a handbag design inspired by a country. Our presentation had to include our initial sketches and notes, an inspiration board, technical drawings of the handbag, a mock-up advertisement, information about a target market, and other material variations of the bag. I was assigned Scandinavia. Here's my inspiration board:



Anyway we were given more than a week to complete the project and because it was due today, I red-flagged that date. Why wouldn't you finish an assignment when it's due? The option to half-complete an assignment is, well, not an option for me. That goes against my rationale. Granted there have been times when a project hasn't been completed to the best of my ability or how I had envisioned it, but I got it done.

Nobody in my class was finished, except me. And consequently because people weren't finished, we spent our lecture time finishing the projects and now continuing onto our hat assignment, which means that during our lab hour time when we are supposed to work on the new projects and assignments, people continued to work on their handbag projects. Being done with it, I've been on my computer for 2.5 hours, enjoying the school's speedy wifi and wasting a lot of time....I could be doing laundry, or packing for Rome.

So, thank you, Mom and Dad, for instilling me with a combination-feeling of dread, regret, terror, and satisfaction which has driven me to always finish projects on-time.

I swear, some people....

Side note: Rome this weekend! So. Freaking. Pumped.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete