Sunday, May 8, 2011

28: the beginning of the end

Today is Mother's Day (Happy Mother's Day, mom!). It's also the last Sunday in Firenze. I'll take in a few seconds to let that statement settle...

I won't go into details, but after a rowdy Friday night out I found myself sleeping most of Saturday away only to wake up on the other side of this weekend on Sunday morning. And thus marks the beginning of my last week in Florence. I spent the day lazily wandering around with Carolyn and Caitlyn, ending up at a public park north of the city center. We sat and pretended to study before heading to San Spirito for an early dinner at Gusta Osteria. So good. After many nights of Gusta Pizza, I'm glad I finally went to their restaurant; I've heard many good things about it and was very satisfied.

So this is my last week here in Florence, which at times feels like home and other times feels like not-home. I've had a really complete experience both of the culture and place, but also a personal one. I think, well, I'd like to think I've done some growing. If anything this semester abroad was necessary in the overall spectrum of my life, what I came from and what I'm moving towards.

Days until I leave for home: 6

1 comment:

  1. It's been nice, entertaining and enlightening to follow your life in Italy. So does this mean you will be posting in your other blog soon?

    ReplyDelete